Field of work
- Responsible for medical coding and quality control of medical data for the Swiss Childhood Cancer Registry.
- Co-author of systematic reviews on vaccination schedules, chlamydia prevalence and Cochrane review of effectiveness of screening.
- Coding of cancer diagnoses according to international standards, design and implementation of data quality control and improvement measures. Design and content of new medical databases.
- Data exchange and linkages with other cancer registries and as part of international studies.
- Extensive experience in systematic reviews and meta-analyses, design of data extraction forms and databases, statistical analysis.
- Since 2014:
Medical Coding and Data quality manager, Swiss Childhood Cancer Registry, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern
- 2005 to 2013:
Research Assistant, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern
- 1991 to 2001:
Research Assistant in analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging, Department of Neurology, Inselspital Bern
- 1998 to 1991:
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in multidrug resistance of adult cancer, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Research, Tiefenauspital, Bern.
- 1984 to 1987:
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in molecular biology of breast cancer, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Bern,
- 1979 to 1983:
PhD in molecular biology at Imperial Cancer Research Fund (now Cancer Research UK) London, UK
- 1976 to 1979:
M.A. Natural sciences degree, University of Cambridge, UK