SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus
The Foundation Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+) assembles the academic public health expertise available across Swiss universities (Basel, Bern, Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, Neuchâtel, Svizzera italiana, Zurich, BFH, SUPSI and ZHAW). SSPH+ is based on the vision that public health is a scientific and professional field, shaped by a broad range of disciplines. In a small country like Switzerland, no single institution has the critical mass needed to cover all public health relevant areas.
SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus (IGC)
PhD students have the opportunity to enroll in the SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus to benefit from its offers to strengthen their academic skills, competencies, career paths and networks.
The SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus offers:
- State-of-the art training in methods and topical public health issues
- Broad access to the inter-university multidisciplinary SSPH+ research and teaching faculty
- Guidelines for what constitutes a high quality PhD track in public health sciences
- Unique networking opportunities with other PhD students and SSPH+ junior and senior scientists all across Switzerland
- Cost-free access to PhD courses of the Inter-university Graduate Campus (apart from a processing fee of 30 CHF per course): actual course program
- Reduced fees for courses offered by the seasonal SSPH+ schools (e.g. Winter School in Wengen, Spring School in Geneva, and Summer School in Lugano)
- No additional requirements in terms of ECTS, publications etc. apart from the ones of your home university
- The primary supervisor of the PhD student must be an SSPH+ Faculty member
- PhD students must be formally registered and approved as a PhD student in one of the SSPH+ Foundation partner universities such as University of Bern.
PhD students who meet these conditions are welcome to apply for the SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus: Application