Epidemiology Winter School 2019 in Wengen - registration now open!
The next Winter School will take place from January 21st to 26th 2019, during the week following the International Lauberhorn ski race, when Wengen is calm, with few people on the slopes.
Each course runs over three days and consists of lectures, group work and computer practical sessions. Students stay on site and work hard in the mornings. Then they have an extended break to review course materials, catch up on emails or (more likely) go skiing or snowboarding. They reconvene at 4:30 pm for computer or practical sessions.
We offer 8 courses in 2019 which run for 3 days, either from Monday to Wed or Thurs to Sat. Each course earns 1 ECTS.
- Causal inference in observational epidemiology
Prof. Miguel Hernan, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
- Assessing Bias in Randomized and Non-Randomized Studies: New Approaches, New Tools
Prof. Jonathan Sterne, Prof. Julian Higgins
- Advanced Methods in (Network ) Meta-Analysis – A Practical Course in R
Prof. Georgia Salanti, Dr. Guido Schwarzer
- Prognostic Research: Concepts and Models
Prof. Margret May, Prof. Matthias Egger
- Statistical Analysis with Missing Data Using Multiple Imputation and Inverse Probability Weighting
Prof. James Carpenter, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
- Digital Epidemiology and Participatory surveillance: Methods and Applications
Dr. Daniela Paolotti, Dr. Ciro Cattuto
- Mendelian randomization: moving from the one-sample to two-sample approach
Prof. George Davey Smith, Dr. Rebecca Richmond
- Parametric Competing Risks and Multi-state models
Prof. Paul Lambert, Dr. Michael Crowther
Our website is now open for bookings. The number of participants is limited – book early to avoid disappointment.