SSPH+ Global PhD Program in Public Health Sciences (GlobalP3HS)
Doctoral fellowships in public health sciences available for talented students from all over the world: first call will be launched on July 2, 2018.
GlobalP3HS is an innovative Swiss doctoral program designed to competitively recruit excep-tionally talented students from all over the world. Young scientists interested in proposing, learning, and performing cutting-edge research in public health sciences and keen to become the next generation of public health leaders in both the academic and non-academic sector, are invited to apply for one of, in total, 50 doctoral fellowships of up to 42 months in duration.
Particularly welcomed and encouraged are applications under the sandwich model - a success-ful model to build sustainable research capacity in low and middle income countries (LMIC). The model includes a LMIC partnership for the PhD thesis, shared supervision, fieldwork and/or research stays in the LMIC.
Conditions for participation
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree
- Applicants must fulfil the mobility rules of MSCA (coming from abroad)
- Applicants must find an SSPH+ Faculty member who agrees on acting as PhD supervisor
- Applicants must be eligible for a PhD at the Swiss university of their chosen supervisor
A total of 50 students are competitively selected based on an international review process. Ap-plications are welcome from:
- 2 July to 12 October 2018 (Call 1)
- 3 December 2018 to 1 February 2019 (Call 2)
- 1 April to 28 June 2019 (Call 3)