ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships: Webinars about COVID-19
23.03.2020 – Every Friday at 1:00 pm, GMT, the ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships organizes a webinar about COVID-19. This series of webinars hosts Global Health experts from different parts of the world to discuss aspects of COVID-19. The webinars are being prepared on behalf of ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships, ESTHER Ireland and Irish Global Health Network.
Topics will include:
1. Essential preparations for individual work in global health
2. How to assess the risks related to travel and international meetings
3. How to collaborate and support your partners
4. How to protect your staff
5. Donor related issues
Each webinar will conclude with a questions and answers session for attendees.
The first webinar took place on Friday, March 20th covering the following question: How to facilitate and continue your work in global health in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic?
If you are interested, please sign up for the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gV5-4r
Also, if you would like to join as a speaker and can reflect on or answer questions regarding any aspect of COVID-19, please do get in touch: email@example.com
WEBINAR SERIES: WEEK THREE
ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships & Irish Global Health Network
Friday, April 3rd: North-South Health Partnerships in the context of COVID-19: How Best to Respond
Time: 14.00 CEST
Hosts: Hala Ali, ESTHER Alliance, Coordinator
Nadine Ferris France, Executive Director,
Irish Global Health Network/ESTHER Ireland
Webinar Anchor: Ruairi Brugha, Professor Emeritus, a Former Head of the Department of Public Health & Epidemiology at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Ben Simms: Chief Executive, THET Partnership for Global Health
- Dr Shams Syed: Quality Team Lead at the World Health Organization. He currently directly oversees WHO work on twinning partnerships for improvement and has led WHO work in this arena since 2009. He is also responsible for the WHO national quality policy and strategy initiative.
- Arley Gomez, Columbia Arley Gomez, Research Director, Fundación Universitaria de Ciencias de la Salud, Columbia
- Dr Mwenya Kasonde, Assistant Director for Global.Health responsible for health partnerships, Zambia
- David Weakliam: Former Chair of ESTHER Alliance, Leader of Global Health Programme in the HSE